December 1, 2011 at 5:34pm
New FPS Features Cutting Edge Visuals and Expansive Customization
(Foster City, CA) December 1, 2011 -- Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a wholly owned U.S. subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD), today announced the launch of closed beta testing for its free-to-play first-person shooter, Blacklight Retribution.
"Closed beta is something we have been looking forward to for a long time," said Andrew Brown, Executive Producer, Perfect World Entertainment. "Blacklight Retribution features fast and tightly balanced gameplay, an insane arsenal of weaponry, state-of-the-art DirectX 11 graphics, and a level of player and weapon customizability rarely found in the genre. With closed beta, we finally have an opportunity to share all this and more with the community. Game on."
In Blacklight Retribution, players battle in near-future combat zones utilizing customized gear and weaponry to takedown opponents online.
Key features include:
· Customization: Inspired by advanced car tuning, Blacklight allows players to customize everything about a weapon, from its barrel, to ammo types, stocks, muzzles, optics, colors and even weapon tags.
· Advanced Technology: Powered by Unreal 3 and featuring full DirectX 11 support, Blacklight brings the latest and greatest graphics to FPS gamers.
- Future Perfect: Knowledge is power. And, with tools like the Hyper Reality Visor (HRV), gamers can see enemy locations, team movements and primary objectives to get into the fight faster.
· Develop A Class: Define a unique play style based on loadouts and equipment. Become a heavily armored sniper, a nimble light machinegunner or anything in-between.
· Weapon Depots: Unlock rail guns, grenade launchers and even the epic mechanized Hardsuit via Weapon Depots to punctuate a victory.
· Community and Clans: Blacklight Retribution features first-class clan creation and competitive ladders.
For more information about Blacklight Retribution, or to join the Blacklight Retribution community and play the beta, please visit: http://www.playblacklight.com
ABOUT ZOMBIE STUDIOS INC.
Seattle based Zombie Studios, Inc. is a leading independent developer of PC, Xbox360 and PS3 titles across multiple third party engines including Unreal and Unity. Zombie has been an independent game developer for 17 years with development focus on everything from military simulation and serious games to hand-held and retail quality Xbox360 and PC games. Zombie is also focused on developing properties for use in graphic novels and movies. For more information on Zombie, visit: www.zombie.com
ABOUT PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT, INC.
Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD), primarily publishes online games and provides online services in North America. Aiming to provide the best game services to North American players with the highest level of commitment in localization, quality assurance, and user-friendly publishing infrastructure, Perfect World Entertainment has achieved great success and published a number of MMORPGs, including "Perfect World International", “Ether Saga Odyssey”, “Jade Dynasty”, “Battle of the Immortals”, “Forsaken World”, and a single-player action-RPG "Torchlight”. Perfect World Entertainment also licenses and operates popular games, including the highly-anticipated action-based MORPG “Rusty Hearts”.